Outstreched arm

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A hand vac that totally sucks

We've just recently moved into an old house with wood flooring, which is quite nice... except for all the dust bunnies and hair balls that magically assemble in corners all day. Sure, a carpet would be just as dirty, but at least it would hide the nasty stuff. The room I spend most of my day in also happens to be small and packed with furniture - two desks, a bed, two tables, and a large bookshelf - so there are lots of nooks and crannies to get clogged up with nastiness, and they're not easily accessible with standard vacuum cleaners. Enter the hand vac.

A good, small, handheld vacuum cleaner will make you clean more efficiently and more often, because it's so little trouble. Grab it from its charging base, hit the button, and watch the dirt disappear. It's instant gratification. Today I bought a new one after some research. Here's what I've learned.

Stay away from Black & Decker vacuums. I would extend that recommendation to all their small household appliances, though some would disagree. Stay way from Sunbeam and other totally cheapo brands. Go for something in the 10-15 V range if you expect to do any real cleaning. Look for brush and precision attachments. Here's what I came home with today:


This thing sucks. Literally. When I first used it, I thought it was going to warp the floor boards. It bucked and twisted in my hand like an energetic bronco stallion. It roared and purred and got its job done very, very quickly and effectively. I can't speak for its battery life or longevity as I've only had it for a day, but the thing definitely cleans.

Labels: ,

There are 0 Comments:

Post a Comment