Outstreched arm

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A interface makeover for Twitterific

A lot of people are really impressed by Iconfactory's Twitterrific, a Twitter client. I like it myself, but I think it's small and cute UI could be even smaller and cuter.

Here's the original Twitterrific:



And here's my idea:



The changes aren't huge, but I have reasons for them. First I wanted to drop the embedded rounded boxes which just added to the window size. I also didn't like the unnecessary rounded horizontal rule that would show up in "short" mode. The entry box needed to be bigger and stand out more.

The "characters left" counter is surprisingly literal in Twitterrific. I replaced it with a Safari-style text box/progress bar which fills up with blue from the right as you type.

Labels: ,

There are 0 Comments:

Post a Comment