Outstreched arm

Friday, March 03, 2006

Carl Sagan's apple pie recipe

Here's an old recipe, tried and true.

Carl Sagan's Apple Pie
(Click for a larger, legible pic on Flickr, or get a printable 4x6 recipe card)

I often bring up Sagan's quote when people say they've "built a PC from scratch" and such. Of course, I don't say it to make a philosophical or cosmological point of any sort, but to be the sort of linguistic jackass you know me as.

There are 6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's brilliant. I'm a huge huge fan of Dr. Sagan, and I've always noticed how he often used apples in his analogies and explanations throughout his series Cosmos.

I also loved the little detail in the preparation time: "12-20 billion years." Ha!

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I followed your link from the Flickr post to your blog - wonderful! :) Where did you get Mr. Sagan's recipe, and are there more??? *grin*

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be fair, in Cosmos, Sagan said you must first "invent" the universe, not "create."

Still, I love this. :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger brain said...

I like mine with a dash of Elaborate Logical Underpinning

1:01 PM  
Blogger Angelus said...

I like mine remixed and rebaked.

www.symphonyofscience.com

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had some in my scince class, it was awsome.:) :) :) :) :) :)

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment