Outstreched arm

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

German... Venn?

I had to post this little joke from The Simpsons episode 'Lisa's Rival' because it wouldn't leave my head this morning. Lisa is intimidated by a new student who seems better at everything that makes Lisa who she is.

Taylor: Hi, Lisa, I'm Alison's father, Professor Taylor. I've heard great things about you.
Lisa: Oh, really? I --
Taylor: Oh, don't be modest. I'm glad we have someone who can join us in our anagram game.
Alison: We take proper names and rearrange the letters to form a description of that person.
Taylor: Like, er...oh, I don't know, uh... Alec Guinness.
Alison: Genuine class.
Taylor: Ho ho, very good. All right, Lisa, um...Jeremy Irons.
Lisa: Jeremy's...iron?

It occurs to me that my name is unanagrammable in English. Boo.

There are 1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Mine would be "I snort a diana"?

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment